5/18/2011 07:59:00 PM

My Black Metal: LaCie Rikiki

Posted by McSimillian

Pandora's Box a.k.a. The Black Box a.k.a. Black Metal a.k.a. LaCie Rikiki.
Yes, that's right, I bought myself a new HDD, earlier this week from QQeStore.
I've been ranting about disk space on the shoutbox for quite a while, and i've not posted any 'i'Got' in a looooong time, also both my previous HDD and my laptop is running out of space and I need to constantly delete old stuff but now that I finally got a new one, I wonder how long will it take for me to fill it up...hahaha
Specs:
  • 1TB
  • USB 2.0 and 3.0
  • 3.0 Transfer rate up to 5Gb/s
  • 2.0 Transfer rate up to 480Mb/s
Other than the specs above, I bought it for the design. I love minimalistic and black! and my first HDD was also a LaCie. According to the product page on their website, it's currently the world's smallest USB 3.0 portable external hard drive. Well ain't that something, but too bad I don't have any USB 3.0 port. But I bought it mainly just to store movies and videos which I'll watch using my PS3, so it doesn't matter coz PS3 only has USB 2.0. Check out some of the picture of this sweet Black Metal below!

Product in casing.

Backside.

Easy instruction guide you don't even need to give a damn about.

50 cents coin for size comparison

Side view

Vertical Back view

Front view


Back view


Close up of the cable port. This is the first time I've seen a port like this.

The cable that goes into the port above.



The USB 3.0 cable. You can easily tell if it's a USB 3.0 by the blue inner plastic.


Light indicating power, blinks when data is being transferred, typical stuff.

The casing is made out of Aluminium, don't know if you can see it (Click for close up) but the texture is kinda like those you see on wood.

Overall, I'm very pleased with it, and now that I have a new HDD, i'll be posting i'Got again pretty soon.

0 comments:

Post a Comment


asp hit counter